• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

5mm moth for i.d! (1 Viewer)

Basher

The Crimson Avenger
It's cold and wet and the moth trap's been packed away in the shed. But I haven't given up; there's good mothing to be had in the spare room.

These little fellas (below) have been hanging around inside the window in my house for the past few months. I managed to get a picture of one down the microscope.

Is anyone feeling brave enough to try an i.d?
Is it one of the Momphidae?

Thanks, in advance, B.

Attachments

• Microscope moth.jpg
    Microscope moth.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 96
Yeah, looked at some pics and I reckon it is. UK moths have it as an indoors overwinterer too. Cheers! B

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back