• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

bee, new to me, lymm cheshire (1 Viewer)

jape

i don't see many bees here at all despite many flowers so was interested when this one came in door. i had a look through 2 pages of google images but was surprised i couldn't find this one.

it was honey bee size with the higher pitched buzz not a low drone as it flew.
i observed it carefully on my window and it was on my finger as i let it out door

head black, then a bright yelliw stripe then the remaing parts all black. no tail colour. slim, not squat like the usual bumblebees here that are large and have more stripes

small bumble bee type?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back