• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Another little bird near Charleston, SC (1 Viewer)

PTC

Hello friends,

Please help ID this little guy, seen a couple of days ago.

It was on a footpath, scratching around the bushes near a swampy area at Magnolia Plantation near Ashley River, just north of Charleston, SC, USA.

Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 80
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 70
I'm going to guess some type of Waterthrush, but don't know which one - Louisiana?

Looks good for Louisiana Waterthrush for me as well. Did you notice if it bobbed its tail a lot?

definately not a waterthrush, bill is much to thick and coloring/patterning is all wrong (also it's a bit late in the year for warblers).
It's a sparrow of some sort, I'd say either song or swamp.

We just have had a couple late Northern Waterthrush here in Pennsylvania this week. This bird, as Randy has said, is a Swamp Sparrow.

Well, struck out again. Sorry for putting you on the wrong track.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back