• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Seeking advice (1 Viewer)

Liv_Mull

Hi, I was wondering if any of the regular users could advise me. I've noticed recently that my male budgie Charlie seems to be losing/have lost feathers just above his cere and it looks like the skin is partly visible underneath. I have uploaded a photo where you can just see it if you look closely as he kept moving. Is this a normal sign of seasonal molting as winter is approaching? I'm worried incase it could be something more serious. Any help would be appreciated, and if someone would care to help, my email is [email protected] Many thanks, User (L)

Attachments

• IMG_2997.jpg
    IMG_2997.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 21
Hi Olivia, this is a wild bird forum, having said that, as you have taken the time to load a photo and you seem genuinely concerned, we will leave your post here for a while until someone perhaps can answer you.

We will then delete the post.

good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back