• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Just bought a k200d (1 Viewer)

jacqui2

jacqui
Hi, after having a canon sx40 for a while and although it produced great photos, autofocus was really slow, and whilst my daughter was clicking away with her dslr, I was missing them all, while my camera found focus, I decided it was back to a dslr and found a nice k200d and a tamron 70-300mm lens, would have preferred the 55-300mm but couldn't quite stretch to that yet. Should arrive sometime today, tracking says on truck for delivery :)

Hi, after having a canon sx40 for a while and although it produced great photos, autofocus was really slow, and whilst my daughter was clicking away with her dslr, I was missing them all, while my camera found focus, I decided it was back to a dslr and found a nice k200d and a tamron 70-300mm lens, would have preferred the 55-300mm but couldn't quite stretch to that yet. Should arrive sometime today, tracking says on truck for delivery :)
I use one in tandem with the Samsung GX20. In bright sunshine the results are very nice. ISO ends at 1600 and the camera shows noise above 800. The K200D's autofocus in low light is not all that fast but it is very accurate. In bright light the autofocus is quite fast and accurate as well. The viewfinder is just as good as a pentaprism finder even though it uses a pentamirror system. If shooting JPEGs, then a little experimentation is needed to arrive at the optimum settings for the best results, right out of the camera. All in all an excellent buy.
Chhayanat

Excellent choice of camera. The 55-300mm lens is also very good, but I am sure the Tamron will do you very well for now. The majority of photos in my gallery were taken with the K200D/55-300 combination, should you wish to have a look.

Enjoy your new purchase (and that secret pleasure of not being yet another Canikon user!).

Richard

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back