• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from NM! (1 Viewer)

birdingnut

I moved to Albuquerque, NM, a year ago, but had been teaching/doing bird photography in Thailand since 2010.

I was born in Haiti, of American missionary parents, commuted back and forth to the US, then moved to KY for college in 1970. My kids were born in Durango, CO, but I only lived there in the early 1980s.

I taught in Mexico one semester in 2011, lived briefly in a number of states, but mostly I lived in KY, taught English literature, ESL, and tutored. My wooded family farm was a wildlife/bird haven, and I would ride my horses to access remote birding spots in surrounding hills.

I only could use binoculars for birding until digital cameras were invented, then I began buying increasingly expensive equipment, up to a Canon EOS 7d Mark ll, and numerous Canon lenses, which I had to leave behind in Thailand when I left in haste due to cancer.

I bought a used Canon Rebel t-6 and Tamron 18-400mm lens and began taking photos as I regained strength.

Hi birdingnut and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news, and I hope you're now well one the way to a full recovery.

Hopefully we'll be able to see some of your pictures in the Gallery?

Welcome to Birdforum! I'm sure you'll find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Hi, just wanted to add one more welcome to the forum. Nice of you to join us. Winter is a great time to see the cranes and other wintering birds at Bosque Del Apache in NM. It is only about 100 miles from you.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back