• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ipad ios update (1 Viewer)

Deb Burhinus

Used to be well known! 😎
Europe
The latest update on ipad ios causes keyboard to pop up on every change of a Birdforum page (presumably predicting text input for the Forum) thereby obscuring half the screen. If I ‘manually’ lower the keyboard using the downward arrow key, a new pop up replaces it asking me if I want to sign in using my saved username, when I clear that, it’s fine until I view a new page, then the process starts again with the keyboard popping up.

The keyboard or sign in prompt don’t pop up if signed in. It just means it’s not possible to view BF pages properly unless signed in as half the screen is covered with the pop ups.

It’s not an issue with BF, it’s a quirk in the update but I wondered if anyone had any ideas how to prevent this happening?

Tia!

I checked a couple of other forums I’m registered with but there seems to be no problem with those.

Last edited:
I have updated about a week ago with no problem on BF or elsewhere - i am sure that it will be a Settings issue but i can’t be of any help i’m afraid...

Laurie:t:

Hi Deb

As this doesn't appear to be an issue with Birdforum itself, I'll move your post to the Computers section of the forum.

I've subscribed you to the thread so you'll get notifications of any replies and should be able to find it easily.

First of all, which browser?

I have a fully updated iPad mini using Safari and has no problem with BF. On the other hand, I am logged in and have clicked the *remember* option because I want to be able to see the gallery as well

Niels

I have the iPad also, latest version of software. Am not having problems in either safari or chrome.

Thanks Delia!

Niels I’m using Safari - I can’t see anything on my settings (even those for this website) that could be causing this - its like I’m hitting an embedded sign in text field everytime I go onto a new page - I’ll try and reset my password but that may not make any difference as its my (icloud chain saved) username that prompts the first pop up.

Changing/resetting passwords hasn’t helped.

Last edited:
Wonder if it could be a cache problem? You might try deleting what is in your cache and then trying.

Well the BF upgrade has resolved it! Such relief I don’t have an ipad keyboard covering half the screen anymore!

One thing I hate about the iPad is how much room it can take for the onscreen keyboard. I always get an external one when I upgrade (would love if the new version would accept the old keyboards). And I just hate “typing” on a screen, says the old keyboarding teacher.

Thanks Delia!

Niels I’m using Safari - I can’t see anything on my settings (even those for this website) that could be causing this - its like I’m hitting an embedded sign in text field everytime I go onto a new page - I’ll try and reset my password but that may not make any difference as its my (icloud chain saved) username that prompts the first pop up.

Changing/resetting passwords hasn’t helped.
I’m experiencing the same in Safari on all websites on my iPad, but everything’s working ok on my iPhone.
Ian.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back