• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New found love (1 Viewer)

Mark S

Love Nature
My new found love of bird watching has helped me in so many ways. I feel a lot healthier with walking and being outdoors with nature. Most importantly my mental health has improved vastley. I feel a lot calmer and don't get stressed as much as I used too. My quality of life is better and my wife has seen a positive change as well. Has anyone else found that bird watching has helped with the stresses of life and work.

Absolutely Mark.

When I am on a reserve, in a hide or watching and walking, I think of nothing but the birds and the environment and all my worries float away!

My new found love of bird watching has helped me in so many ways. I feel a lot healthier with walking and being outdoors with nature. Most importantly my mental health has improved vastley. I feel a lot calmer and don't get stressed as much as I used too. My quality of life is better and my wife has seen a positive change as well. Has anyone else found that bird watching has helped with the stresses of life and work.

University of Exeter, the British Trust for Ornithology, and the University of Queensland research shows that people living around “more birds, shrubs and trees” have significantly less “depression, anxiety and stress”.

The study found that the health benefits remained the same whether people lived in crowded urban environments or green suburban areas.

Researchers found that people felt much happier when birding in the afternoon, despite their numbers being lower than in the morning.

https://www.naturettl.com/bird-watching-boosts-mental-health/

Hi Mark...... I wholeheartedly agree. There's nothing like getting out in to the quiet and tranquility of the countryside. To stand and scan the trees, hedges, ponds, lakes etc is very calming. Then to catch a small movement or a glimpse of something is very rewarding.
I got back to birding after my noisy boisterous dog died and I was left to walk my remaining quiet one who doesn't spook anything, and had time to actually take in the scenery I had once taken for granted.
It's not just the birds....its everything....the weather, the skies, the trees the crops the people you meat.
Yes you are right...it has lifted me also and now I can't wait to get out every day with my binoculars and drink it all in !!
Regards.... Ian

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back