• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Relaxed view (1 Viewer)

I don't consider any of the many 8x32s I have tried or owned to qualify as a relaxed view.
The Nikon SE and Swaro SV are most comfortable for me, but as a lover of 7x42s, no 8x32 is going to compare favourably with them.

Spartan,

If you can, try the Nikon Monarch 8X42. It is a very light in weight glass, has a wide view and it is at or slightly above your budget of $700. Additionally it is on the smaller side for a 8X42. Regarding ER, try one and see if it provides enough.

Andy W.

Yes.Ive also spotted to day a brand new to me the Tract 8×42.Not much info on them even on youtube.Can any one fill in the gaps ? I know FOV is a little less than others 8×42's but it's no a deal breaker if the focus wheel and glass are at least better then what I have.im kind of tied to 700.00 on glass .After having to get a new phone and Air Rifle that's all that's left this quarter after a few thousand $ out lay in the last 4 weeks on repairs and replacements septic,refer.and auto.Gee no space inbetween.Can not touch investments to low right now .Typical timing.

The Tracts are a good glass for the $$, but like any optic one has to try it for their own eyes. They also have very good after sales service.

Andy W.

The Tract Toric is very likely the best binocular bargain you will find. I have the early pre HD version, and it possesses excellent optics. Also its fov is understated. Mine measures 400'. While wider than listed, it is still narrower than others. But if you are not the sort to obsess over what the spec sheet says and can just kick back and use the binocular, I would wager it would do just fine. I would say you can get an ever so slightly better binocular for more money, but you won't get any more for what you pay.

I don't need the top of the line glass just better, and more ER.I think I will soon order a pair,like you said good C.S.No questions asked up to 30 day return ,repair services in America made in Japan.Also they will be better as I am surrounded by a national Forrest on 3 sides and Lake Michigan. a little extra light will not hurt regarding the woods.Thanks for your inputs guys. JIm

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back