• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Confirm another Cetti's Warbler please - London UK (1 Viewer)

ChrisKten

It's true, I quite like Pigeons
I found one of these a few weeks ago, and confirmed the ID here. I've been to the same area twice since, and one appears within 20 mins each time. I've got pics each time, but the light has been crap, and I can't get any closer to the birds without risking disturbing them.

Anyway, seeing as I'm not a "Birder", and I've old(ish) eyes, I guess I should confirm that this was another Cetti's Warbler this morning. Heavy crops, and the Smog was like Fog, so "muddy" images. I watched it sing, and you really can't mistake the noise they make for anything else, but it never hurts to confirm I guess ;)

Oh, there's a few of these in the same area, as they are announcing their presence to each other; either that or one is a really fast flyer and "talking" to itself ;)

Thanks

Attachments

• P1630827RG2p900n22.jpg
    P1630827RG2p900n22.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 167
  • P1630831RG2p900n22.jpg
    P1630831RG2p900n22.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 161
Thanks Pete, Phil.

Until the reservoirs' Fishing Season starts, these birds are quite easy to see. It's just a matter of sitting quietly beneath a tree and waiting. One usually appears within a few minutes, and there's other Warblers (and Foxes ;) ) to keep you interested while you wait. So if anyone is in London (Walthamstow area) before June, PM me and I'll tell you where to wait. Although I can only vouch or these birds appearing early morning, as I'm gone before 9.00am ;)

Oh, there's a few of these in the same area, as they are announcing their presence to each other; either that or one is a really fast flyer and "talking" to itself ;)

They do tend to "sing-and-move" (which is why I don't often see them, 'cos I'm always looking where the bird was, not where it is now). But not very far, of course.

They do tend to "sing-and-move" (which is why I don't often see them, 'cos I'm always looking where the bird was, not where it is now). But not very far, of course.

I'm sure there's a few, Dave, as I've watched one fly to another bush while another was singing in the distance.

It's strange, as I've not seen or heard one there before this year, and I've been going there (although not exclusively for Birds, as other Wildlife interests me as well) for over 30 years. They seem to like the area near a Stream, and I've heard (spooked ;) ) them all along the banks.

I've a feeling a few people will be getting good views of Cetti's this year, and not just in London

At a local stream,cettis warblers have a territory of approx.100m and over the course of 300m several can be heard singing at the same time.To observe them,don´t chase their song but sit still near to a stream and they will come to you.....Eddy

Very jealous, Chris ;). I too would love views that good - great little birds. I will look forward to seeing more photos from you in the coming weeks :t:
Take care
Hobbes

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back