• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cabela's EuroBinoculars and Meopta (1 Viewer)

Otto McDiesel

These Meoptas are something to keep an eye on.
Cabela's is selling them, but they are branded as Cabela's Eurobinoculars.

I've met yesterday afternon in the park a lady with a Meopta 7x42. It turns out that they are by all means jawdropping: sharp, clean view, wonderful contrast and colors, nice and bright.

A must try.

The Cabela's site show their version and the Meopta version. For some this could save them a good deal of money. I'd imagine more americans have heard of Cabelas than Meopta anyhow so the badge is of little import.

Funny how slapping the tag "Euro" on something is supposed to make it better? At least these are european. Remember the EuroChopper? I could never figure out metric onions.

Last edited:
Cabelas Version

It appears the Cabelas housing is somewhat modified from the Meopta. The Meopta housing looks very much like an SLC housing.

Hogjaws

I saw them in one of their more recent catalogs a few weeks back but when I went to the local retail store this past week they did not have any yet in stock. I am definitely going to have check them out when they finally have them.

Meopta Coatings

According to their web page, the lenses are multicoated on all air to glass surfaces. There was no statement on the type of glass used in the lens. Does anyone know what type of glass is used in their lens?

Hogjaws

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back