• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How to Display Linked Photos in a Thread (1 Viewer)

BruceH

At one time I was able to display photos in a thread by including a link to the photo residing on an outside server. I am fairly sure I did this by surrounding the link with the
tags. Now I can not get this to work.

Here is a recent example from another member of what I am trying to do.

http://www.birdforum.net/showpost.php?p=3355604&postcount=15

Attached is an image of what I did and here is the resulting thread. It just shows the links but does not display the photos.

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=320118

Can Andy or some other members tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks.

Attachments

• 1 IMG Example.jpg
    1 IMG Example.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 40
Hi Bruce

Sorry, I'm not good enough to be able to sort out coding - I'll move your post to the Computer Forum, someone there may have some ideas for you.

Bruce, you might want to contact the member who posted that link and ask him what html he is using to get that result.

I am happy to report that another Forum member. mfunnell, updated me on what is happening.

If you look at the bottom left corner of this web page, there is a small box that is titled "Posting Rules". One of the rules is for the use of IMG tags and on the sub forum I was posting, IMG tags was set to "OFF".

The coding in my example appears to be correct, it is just that the Forum section I was in did not allow it. There are some sections where it is allowed, which explains why I and others were able to get it to work with other posts.

An alternative is to upload the photos as attachments which normally appear at the bottom of the post. Then use the ATTACH command to display the photo in the body of the note. Click on the IMG text in red in the Rules box below to see examples on using various tags. The uploaded image ID can be displayed by placing the cursor over the thumb nail photo after uploading it or by clicking on the thumb nail to display it full size and then look at the HTTP address to see the ID as part of the address.

Thanks all.

Attachments

• 1 BF2.jpg
    1 BF2.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
;) Told you the technicalities were beyond me LOL.

Interesting that box... I've never really noticed it before. I always upload pictures to threads as thumbnails.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back