• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Blooking Microsoft!!!! (1 Viewer)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Three and a quarter hours!!!!

That's how long the update took on my laptop!!!!

For goodness sake:storm:

I liked it much better when they did their updates when you were shutting down.

They usually do that one my computer - I think I have some settings that are "not recommended" ;)

It can still be a pain when the computer is taking up 90% of the internet bandwidth because it is downloading updates, instead of allowing a "nice" setting limiting how much of the bandwidth is occupied. It is always only much later you find out why everything is so slow on a given day.

Niels

Ah gee, platform updates you gotta love 'em |^|

When I need to do those, I shut off or change the computer's energy saving settings and set it to update... then go do something else - Like cook or drink or even sleep if it's an epic update....

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back