• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

One Drive? (1 Viewer)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
I've just received an email from Microsoft saying that my One Drive account will be deleted on 1 August as I've not used it for 4 years.

After all that time, I can't remember if I opened that account or not. I've a vague (very) of maybe clicking on something to do with Cloud storage but don't trust it so have never used that.

Is this phishing? Or likely to be genuine.

If genuine, should I keep the account as a 'maybe'?

Hello Delia,

I would not click on that link Rather I would go to the Microsoft web site and see if there is any useful information on One Drive. If you remember your login, perhaps you can reactivate it.

Happy bird watching,
Arthur :hi:

Thanks Arthur.

Not a clue about my log in with them.

For info the email address is : email AT'' mail.onedrive.com

and reply-fef217797c6206-25_HTML-970732217-7231722-3 'AT' mail.onedrive.com

Thanks etudiant.

I haven't clicked on their supplied link in the email (a large blue button), so can't see what it is... except, hovering over it I get: https://click.mail.onedrive.com/?qs=....

this is followed by a load of figures and letters.

Thanks etudiant.

I haven't clicked on their supplied link in the email (a large blue button), so can't see what it is... except, hovering over it I get: https://click.mail.onedrive.com/?qs=....

this is followed by a load of figures and letters.

Clickmail is a well known 'direct marketing' enterprise, so think you are indeed getting undesirable mail here. Click.mail may be an even less reputable (if that is possible) scammer link.
Permanently deleting it is the preferred option, imho.

If you open the file explorer, you may see a one drive folder if you ever activated one (See attached). If you see that in your file folder, click it once and that should take care of any lack of use statistics.

If you do not have this icon in your list at the left in file explorer, then the email is certainly spam, phishing or even a hacking attempt. Given that there are other ways to access one drive, just delete the email in any event.

Niels

Attachments

• One drive.JPG
    One drive.JPG
    9.8 KB · Views: 5
Goodness

Thanks Niels. I did find "One Drive" in my list of folders. I clicked on it, and it says pictures shortcut Last modified July last year (hardly 4 years ago LOL)

When I clicked on that, it opened up the folder containing the picture folders currently on my hard drive.

I've never noticed it sitting there before.

If you are going to try and regain access to an account and you are suspicious of a communication best thing to do is go directly to the source ie. Microsoft in this case, and open a fresh dialogue with them. Side step the email completely. Don't lift anything like a URL from the email in case it is spoofing....

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back