• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bigma Dg (1 Viewer)

mad

Well After My Last Thread Which Lens . I Went For The 135 -400
After 3 Day Trial Which I Sapose Is Not Long I Found That Its Was Not Long Anoth Searched To Often With Object Of Simaler Colour.
Have Since Taken It Back And Ordered The Bigma Dg
The Question Is Cant Realy Find Much On This Apart From The Extra Coatinging On The Rear Glass . Has Any One Got This Lens If So Wots It Like Any Pic Would Be Great.
Many Thanks
Mad

I think that Snappy has recently switched from the old Bigma to the DG. Check out his gallery!!!

If the DG is much better than the original then it must be good!!!! Great value when compared to other lenses.

A forum search may reveal other posts on this subject.

Cheers

Ken

Last edited:
Hi
My wife and I bought this lens recently to use with our Canon 350D and have been pretty happy with it so far, neither of us are experienced photographers, but the joy of digital is its free too practice. I say go for it, it's reasonably priced but just remember you wont get the quality of a prime lens! I find that the Digi Bigma works best in bright conditions. I have seen some stunning shots taken with it by more experienced photographers so the possibilities are certainly there.

Midge

Thanks Ken/midge Its All Abit Of A Worry Even At That Sort Of Money As For Prime Lens Third Party Sigma 300mm F2.8 Redused £1499
Then Uve Got The2x Con.£!!!!!! Now Thats A Lot Of Dosh .and If U Are Doing It To Supply Image For Diffent Sort Of Subjects And It All Goes Pair Shaped For Apart Of A Business. As I Said I Think It Was My Only Chioce Ive Looked Second For About 3 Mths. And Seen Nothing With That Reach Apart From Mirror Lens. Ive Seen Some Cracking Pic That I See Worthy Of A4 +size That R Good For Resale. O Well Its At The Customs Place
Lce Rang Today Said That They Had Just Came In.
Will Let U All Now A.s.a.p
Mad

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back