• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Free clean and service for Canon cameras (1 Viewer)

christineredgate

Winner of the Copeland Wildlife Photographer of th
Are all new Canon camera owners aware of the fact that Canon offer a free clean and service ,complete with a firmware update within the 12mth warranty.I was not aware of this service until my 300d needed a clean a couple of mths after using it.I did try myself ,but made matters worse.If I had have known of the service I would have waited until nearer the end of the warranty.However,with the 20d,which was full of black spots in the sky,I sent it off ,just a month before the warranty expired.It has been returned within a week,and the firmware has been calibrated and checked.Not even any return postage to pay.I do not know if this is mentioned in any of the paperwork one receives with the new cam.
The firm I used are H.Lehmann Ltd,Stoke -on -Trent.
Tel 01782 413611.
They invoice one as soon as they receive the package,so you know it has arrived safely,and my 20d was reurned within a week.Excellent service.It is also thoroughly checked over and serviced.

Thank you very much for this information. I will certainly take advantage of it.

All good wishes,

John.

christineredgate said:
Are all new Canon camera owners aware of the fact that Canon offer a free clean and service ,complete with a firmware update within the 12mth warranty.I was not aware of this service until my 300d needed a clean a couple of mths after using it.I did try myself ,but made matters worse.If I had have known of the service I would have waited until nearer the end of the warranty.However,with the 20d,which was full of black spots in the sky,I sent it off ,just a month before the warranty expired.It has been returned within a week,and the firmware has been calibrated and checked.Not even any return postage to pay.I do not know if this is mentioned in any of the paperwork one receives with the new cam.
The firm I used are H.Lehmann Ltd,Stoke -on -Trent.
Tel 01782 413611.
They invoice one as soon as they receive the package,so you know it has arrived safely,and my 20d was reurned within a week.Excellent service.It is also thoroughly checked over and serviced.

Christine,does this apply to the 350d ?.Does it say anything on the warranty or else-where. have looked at my stuff but canae see b..... all. sorry for being thick.

I will be taking my Canon 20D into service in the next week, hopefully tomorrow, as it has an almost constant error, error 1, so while they look at this I'll ask them to clean my sensor, which has 2 black spots and get them to update my fimeware. I'll shall let you all know how it goes regarding this free cleaning service.

Cheers,

James

Thanks Christine, just got mine cleaned by Canon (8 months old too), and it was free of charge - just had to pay P&P of GBP 15.

Wonder how many times they will do this in the warranty period.

Mike

The trick is: to support your local camera store - I get free sensor cleanings whenever I request them - and it's "while you wait"! |=)|

Sure you pay more when you buy from a local store instead of from the big internet dealers but you get a lot more. This free sensor cleaning service is one, but I know that my local shop will also loan you a body if yours has to be kept for service. Now this doesn't apply to the point-and-shoot stuff but they don't need sensor cleanings now do they?!? 3:)

You always consider what kind of gas mileage you will get on a car that you may be considering for purchase ... you need to do the same on other purchases, be aware of the ongoing costs associated with using the product. Actual cost is more than the initial purchase price!

Henry,it includes all Canon cams,I think.no I did not see anything in the info which came with the cam,I found out by chance when the 300d was so very dirty and needed a clean.Try to hang on as long as you can through the 12mth warranty.

Its amazing how quickly the sensor can gather dust,I purchased a 350d and noticed "specks" in the sky after the first time I used it,only changing my lens once (at home),dont know what it will end up like in a dry dusty environment like a desert....

sparrowbirder said:
Its amazing how quickly the sensor can gather dust,I purchased a 350d and noticed "specks" in the sky after the first time I used it,only changing my lens once (at home),dont know what it will end up like in a dry dusty environment like a desert....
Yes quite possibly ,as Condyk has said,the sensor is dirty,send it off for a free clean,all it will cost is your postage one way.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back