• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Remote release on c765? (1 Viewer)

lynsey.a

Hi,

Im new here so hello to everyone!
Been reading past threads and yo seem a nice bunch of people!

I was lookng in to getting a remote release fr my camera - i found a bracket by jessops, or eagleye that seems to be along the right line but im still a little confused.
On the jessops site, it says its to be used with a 18/21" cable - will it not work with a longer cable at all? My plan was to set my camera up outside, locked on the feeder/bit where the robin goes to etc, and fire the shutter from the comfort of my nice warm room with the cable in the window! Would need around a 5m cable for this i would think.
Also, ive seen pictures if the cable bit, but how does it actually set the shutter off - is it just air powered?

Has anybody had experience with one of the c7xx cameras that dont come with a remote?

Thanks!
Lynsey.

Hi Lynsey, a warm welcome to birdforum from all the staff here, we hope you enjoy the site.
I can see no reason why either of these cable release brackets cannot accept a longer cable (I have both brackets, EagleEye is more sturdy))... you can get two types of cable release, one is the common mechanical type and the other is an air type that pumps air to operate the probe to push the shutter button (usually used for lengthy runs).

cheers,
Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back