• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Telescope carrying handle (1 Viewer)

Paul Corfield

Spotted this on ebay. Bit expensive but something similar could easily be made and bolted direct to the tube rather than fixing to the tube rings. A slightly larger diameter handle would be more comfortable, maybe even a soft grip like tennis racket handle tape or something.

See here.

Paul.

I wouldn't bother with this. Not going to carry my scope around with just then handle. I would rather have it put inside my padded bag and carry by the straps.

Personally I'd rather just have a handle on the scope for when I'm walking all over the countryside. I like to get the scope onto the tripod as quick as possible and wouldn't have time to take it out of a bag every time I wanted to use it. All I do now is carry it in one hand by the tripod rail.

Paul.

Personally I'd rather just have a handle on the scope for when I'm walking all over the countryside. I like to get the scope onto the tripod as quick as possible and wouldn't have time to take it out of a bag every time I wanted to use it. All I do now is carry it in one hand by the tripod rail.

Paul.

I understood what you mean. Personal preference. I almost forgot, that you often shoot handheld and that setup would definitely get you into shooting mode faster. If I am to carry it over a longer distance, I do have a camera strap loop into focusing wheel and sling it over my shoulder and my hand to support it from swinging around. That strap also always hang around my tripod for safety in case the mounting broke loose for whatever reason. On short distance, I leave it on my tripod and whole thing over my shoulder with the strap in my hand. My camera strap does the same thing too in case the extension came loose.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back