• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Got sketches? (1 Viewer)

Love the Swift, at first glance, I thought it was a piece of ceramic or pottery glaze, the colours are very strong in this piece..

Side issue regarding the lovely woodpecker - is that your handwriting at the top? If so, it is exquisite!

I would actually like to say that it was, but im afraid it's not!
It's part of the photo editing software on my computer, i just add it for requests to make them look a bit more professional. Id give anything to write like that, ive practised trying but just cant get it!
The photo edit programme is ACDsee i use it to get these sort of affects..

Attachments

• Brazilian Swallow-tailed Hummingbird (m).jpg
    Brazilian Swallow-tailed Hummingbird (m).jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 96
Sam, that Swift is fantastic. It does have a primitive feel to it based on the deep colors and then reading what Tim said made the picture even better (if it could have gotten better). Lovely Woodpecker also.

Well thank you very much Lisa, i painted it for my lovely partner Graham.
He has it as his Avatar on the forums he goes on |=)|

This is taken from the Swift that i posted in the gallery. I was just tinkering about with it and, after watching the Solar eclipse in the far east 2 weeks ago, i wondered if i could combine the two. So i had a bash and this was the result...

Attachments

• Eclipse.jpg
    Eclipse.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 115
another great swallow picture as you promised...again it gives the appearance of a ceramic item, maybe its just the colours used (or my eyesight).
Well done, love em, any more on this theme ?

Thanks Tim, thanks Paschalis and thank you Andrew!
Yes Andrew there are a few astronomy/bird crossover paintings in the pipeline
(perhaps a majestic eagle soaring out from a nebula??? or a Swallow zipping through the galactic centre of our galaxy, who knows)
As for the colours-its could be my scanner possibly(?)
Thanks everyone :t::t::t:

That's pretty, the swift and the solar eclipse. And your ideas for astronomy/birds paintings sound great, I've got a soft spot for stars, planets and the space myself, so really waiting forward to seeing the results!

Elina

Thanks Elina o:)
I love Astronomy, it's one of my other hobbys. Last night i was watching Jupiter and the rising moon, the moon was bright red on the horizon and it gave me an idea for the next painting. Who doesnt have a soft spot for the universe;)
Thanks everyone :t::t::t:

Here's the problem Nuthatch and also another Hummingbird.
What does everyone think of the Nuthatch???

Attachments

• Nuthatch.jpg
    Nuthatch.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 84
  • Plovercrest.jpg
    Plovercrest.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 79
Another wonderful swift, truly an astral being amongst birds. Yes, the universe is a wonderful thing to look at, I was watching a partial eclipse of the moon last week in Italy, with a few shooting stars aswell - I was sat outside for hours that night.

and the nuthatch is a great success, I'd never have thought you'd had a problem with it looking at this result, and the hummer is a beauty.

Another wonderful swift, truly an astral being amongst birds. Yes, the universe is a wonderful thing to look at, I was watching a partial eclipse of the moon last week in Italy, with a few shooting stars aswell - I was sat outside for hours that night.

I missed that Nick! It was so cloudy here in England, i couldnt see a thing and that was the best view of a Lunar eclipse until December 2010! Lucky you sounds like you saw the annual Persied meteor shower to. I missed the lot, amateur astronomy is a fickle hobby;)
And yes Swifts have certainly acended beyond other birds i think.

and the nuthatch is a great success, I'd never have thought you'd had a problem with it looking at this result, and the hummer is a beauty.

Cheers Nick, im glad it all came out well and im glad the hummers good.

Some lovely use of colours in these two Sam, the peachy orange in the hummer pic is particularly yummy! Great little bird too and I agree with Nick on the nuthatch.

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back