• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

bushnell H2O 8x42 vs nikon sporter 8x36 - which would you pick?? (1 Viewer)

harry gee

Hi everyone

I'm looking to buy one of the above in the next few days and I would value your opinions , either good or bad, before taking the plunge.

There is a fairly lengthy discussion on this topic in the B&L/Bushnell forum under the heading "Bushnell waterproof 10X42" The consensus seems to be that the Nikon is the better binocular.

harry gee said:
Hi everyone

I'm looking to buy one of the above in the next few days and I would value your opinions , either good or bad, before taking the plunge.

Do yourself a favor and get the Nikons. The Bushnells don't warrant discussing.

I just got a pair of the Nikon 8x36 Sporters and I'm very impressed. Very comfortable to use and good sharpness. Excellent value too. I bought them as a spare to keep in the car but I like them so much I find myself using them every day.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back