• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What Wader? Seaforth UK (yesterday) (1 Viewer)

Legs look orangey red in most pics and the bottom right image shows they're quite long. Also the bill appears to be straight.

Cheers Andrew, but my colour blindness really does me no favours here sorry :-C

It's a small wader, very small, has a light underneath (Dunlin would be marked) and 'yellow' legs?

Ah, that might be why you're finding it tricky. I'd suggest it's not really that small (more medium sized - bigger than a Dunlin) and to my eyes has orange legs (maybe almost red).

Oh, give me strength - you guys saying its a Redshank!

Strewth - I'm taking up butterfly collecting :t:

Hey - don't worry! It's a juvenile so the legs are a bit yellower than normal. If you're colour blind it must be much harder to judge anyway and then it could be a tricky ID.

Butterflies are even harder to ID in my experience, so I'd recommend sticking to the waders!

Hey - don't worry! It's a juvenile so the legs are a bit yellower than normal. If you're colour blind it must be much harder to judge anyway and then it could be a tricky ID.

Butterflies are even harder to ID in my experience, so I'd recommend sticking to the waders!

Yeh, colour blindness can be a real pain but I won't give up - because I love it too much ;)

Cheers Andrew :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back