• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Benbo Tripods (1 Viewer)

Paul Rule

I've owned one of these tripods for many years, but it has been gathering dust for 2 or 3 years, as I've not been doing a great deal of natural history photography.

Now this is not a tripod to use to carry big lenses or scopes, but for Macro work it is superb as it allows you to get the lens up close in really tricky positions, such as lichen on a vertical wall, or low growing plants.

I dusted it down the other week, to try out the macro facilities of the Nikon CP4500, and if anything it works even better in this set-up, as the swivel LCD facility on the CP4500 lets you view the image however low to the ground the camera is (this was always a problem with an SLR)

Having gotten the “macro” bug again I don’t think its going to get put back in store in a hurry. For more info on this product see the following link.

http://www.patersonphotographic.com/tripods/benbo.html

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back