• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Oly EM1-III announced (1 Viewer)

My impression is: meh. It has a little better IS, a little better autofocus, and is a little bit heavier than EM-1ii. Perhaps it is a reflection of how great the EM-1ii is, that it is hard to improve on.

Looks like Olympus offer $200 discount in US if you trade in a camera body. Still not enough to make me bite. I know a different format but waiting upcoming Fuji and Canon announcements before I look to change/add system

a big upgrade for me form the OM D 5 II, much better EVF, better focus (i hope), love the 7 stops IBIS, now i can go for lower iso than 1000 for my early morning photography, i think i will consider it seriously.

I was waiting on this one .....
Looks interesting, nobody else seems to want to do anything with the smaller DX formats - I will watch the AF performance battles keenly.
The MFT platform has a lot of potential to really make strides with computational photography, and this at least does a bit - they really should go all in on it.
I would really like to see a much better EVF but I look forward to getting one in the hands for a bit of a look see anyway.

Anyone with any mail on the 150-400 f4.5 ? Weight ? Price ? Arrival ?

The only thing that gives me pause with Olympus is Olympus itself - I just don't know that they have the size to keep on pumping the developments out, or remain viable in this contracting market. At least the system has genuinely fast wide angle zooms etc available which is more than can be said for rival DX formats ......

Chosun :gh:

The claim from Olympus is that the camera business provides knowledge to the medical imaging business which is where they make the money.

Niels

The more I read the more this camera interest me. Issue is the 300 mm lens and1.4x is out of my price range. Would like to see Olympus announce the 100-400 on their roadmap. Really like the Mii when I rented it. Also looking hard a Fuji XT-3 and upcoming XT-4. Got time, my 7Dii still plugging away. Will be interest in comments of Miii and Xt-4 once they are released

The good thing is that the PanaLeica 100-400 works well with the Oly bodies ...

Niels
How would such a combo go about focusing ? (according to the bodies protocols? - ie. primarily by Phase detect ?) .... and how does speed and accuracy compare to the homogenous native combinations ?

How would such a combo go about focusing ? (according to the bodies protocols? - ie. primarily by Phase detect ?) .... and how does speed and accuracy compare to the homogenous native combinations ?

The one "problem" I have heard about from actual users is that the OS is either camera or lens, but that the one additional stop of stabilization you get from using same manufacturer is missing. If I was actually interested in a 300F4, I would not hesitate getting the Oly lens for my Pana body.

Niels

Good for you, it seems you really like this camera! Do I remember correctly you are using the PanaLeica 100-400 lens?

I believe I have read somewhere that you can change the options available on the super-control panel?

Niels

Good for you, it seems you really like this camera! Do I remember correctly you are using the PanaLeica 100-400 lens?

I believe I have read somewhere that you can change the options available on the super-control panel?

Niels

thanks Niels, very kind of you.

no i don't have the Pana 100-400mm, use to have the pana 100-300 mark i and ii. i got this shot with the Zuiko 300mm f4.

still i am discovering the cam, want to start doing raw, so will upload the work space and try to see how it goes.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back