• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Connecticut (1 Viewer)

Mike Cutler

I just found this site a few moments ago and was stunned. I have unknowingly been "digiscoping" for a few weeks now without realizing there was an official definition for this activity. I don't really consider myself a bird watcher or a photographer but recently a Ruby Throat Hummingbird built a nest that was clearly visible from our front porch. All of my stumbles and trials that brought me to "digiscoping" were an endeavor to record the development of the chicks. I've been using a Nikon Coolpix 5700 and a Leica APO televid scope with the Maxview 40L adapter from Scopetronics. The photos so far have been stunning and addictive. I haven't had much time to check out the whole site yet , but my initial impression is very positive. Thanks for the site and the wealth of info available here.

Hi Mike, welcome to BF. As you will find out this is a very friendly, adictive site and provides hours of fun when its too dark, cold, wet, etc to go out birding o:D

On behalf of the Moderatprs and Admin here at Bird Forum - Welcome Mike!

Sounds like you might be a natural to digiscoping and I hope we see some of your shots in the Gallery before long. Take your time and look around and read the guidelines to familiarize yourself with our warm wonderful place to get lost in :)

Welcome, Mike! This is a great site -- I just spent 3 days away from it on a mini-vacation and nearly went into withdrawal.

Hope you'll post a couple of your pictures -- I'd love to see some baby hummers!

Hi Mike, Welcome , and congrats on figuring out digiscoping! You found the right place for hours of entertainment, a few laughs, and best of all great people from around the globe with an interest in Nature.
Almost neighbors, I'm in New Jersey, nothern part. Lake Hopatcong, beautiful Lake, God's Country.

Worked in Colchester Conn. when in my teens on a Dairy Farm near Lake Haywood. No doubt the farm is long gone and houses dot the landscape where cows grazed. They call it progress! Oh well!

Get those pics on line and enjoy the site! Bob

Hi Mike, great to have you onboard at BirdForum.
Vert interested to hear that you're having success witht he cp5700 for digiscoping. We would all be interested to hear about your results in the digiscoping forum (and see them in the gallery), this is a camera that often struggles when used with a scope, the only alternative being the new outsized Maxview 40 ... I think you're the first we've had who has tried this combo.
Regards,
Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back