• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Converter (1 Viewer)

I bought a Canon 1.4x converter yesterday, but it's the II version, not the latest III version. I am not sure what the III would offer over the II and whether it is worth £549 over £289.

Yes i too have the 1x4 Mk 11 version, and as you say i would like to know what the Mk 111 has over the Mk 11, clearly there has to be something significant with such a price difference.

Has anyone bought the new canon 1x4 converter, and what do you think considering the cost, worth it or not.
Not sure they are available yet but a lot depends on which lens you are going to use it with. The new forthcoming super primes (300/2.8, 400/2.8, 500/4, 600/4) will be taking full advantage of the new converters because of special chips. I think everyone is waiting to see what they are like with the current lenses. BTW I would not expect the price to remain at the full retail price of £549 for very long, the current converters have a RRP of more than £400 but can be had for as little as £230. As usual it will only be the early adopters who pay the top price.

converter

Not sure they are available yet but a lot depends on which lens you are going to use it with. The new forthcoming super primes (300/2.8, 400/2.8, 500/4, 600/4) will be taking full advantage of the new converters because of special chips. I think everyone is waiting to see what they are like with the current lenses. BTW I would not expect the price to remain at the full retail price of £549 for very long, the current converters have a RRP of more than £400 but can be had for as little as £230. As usual it will only be the early adopters who pay the top price.

Thanks Roy.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back