• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Camera advice for Swarovski AT80 HD (1 Viewer)

Andrew Clarke

Hi all!

My old truly crap Coolpix 990 died recently and I'm looking to replace it with something more suitable for the above scope which I use with a 20-60x zoom.

I'm totally out of the picture regarding the latest cameras but get the idea that whatever I buy now will be a fraction of the price and about 10 zillion megapixels better quality wise.

Also, I used to attempt to hand hold the camera (bloody useless) but can anyone recommend any other gadgets that will do a better job?

So what are you lovely Birdforumers using with the scope above, presuming that there's still a few of you who have not yet sold a family member into slavery in order to afford some of the latest overpriced Swarovski bling?

Any help would be MUCH APPRECIATED as my new blog looks kinda bleak with no images and hopefully I'll need pictures when that Empidonax flycatcher (or preferably something a bit more colourful) briefly hops into view this autumn when I'm patching down the valley.

Thanks for your advice

Good Birding

Andrew

http://lleyn-birding.blogspot.com/

Many thanks for the feedback Mark - I'll follow the link! :t:

Any other advice from the BF posse would be useful

|=)|

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back