• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Honeyeater, Belair National Park, South Australia (1 Viewer)

Gibbo 92

Hello,

Would it be possible to get some help on this Honeyeater seen today. Only the one photo I'm afraid.

Many Thanks

Chris

Attachments

• IMG_8567 (2).JPG
    IMG_8567 (2).JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 30
Looks like the choice is between juv Brown-headed and juv Black-chinned

I was thinking the black chin was a bit too extensive for Brown-headed, but it's perhaps a possibility. It may well be the more likely species in that area. I think Black-chinned is quite scarce around Adelaide, although it does occur.

Thanks for that, it did appear overall quite dull so I thought at the time that it was a Brown-headed, but not 100% sure.

Good luck at Belair... been there twice, washed out by a cyclone first time, saw next to nothing. Second time sneezed with my rucsac on and was taken to hospital with a disc prolapse.
Not the best place for me and birdwatching, unfortunately.
Wouldn't want to call which of the two, but feel towards brown chinned , due to dullness and location.

Good luck at Belair... been there twice, washed out by a cyclone first time, saw next to nothing. Second time sneezed with my rucsac on and was taken to hospital with a disc prolapse.
Not the best place for me and birdwatching, unfortunately.
Wouldn't want to call which of the two, but feel towards brown chinned , due to dullness and location.

You're hedging your bets a bit with 'brown chinned' ;).

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back