• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

8000mm F10.5 Peregrine Falcons at Snoqualmie Falls "Vixen" and "Velocity" (1 Viewer)

snoqualmieScott

8000mm F10.5 Peregrine Falcons at Snoqualmie Falls "Vixen" and "Velocity"

15 years mates, infertile "Misty" is sitting on the sidelines after mating with "Velocity" earlier this month, once again, and "Vixen" is back, once again, prepping the nest site. "Misty" and "Velocity" had 29 fledged since 2004, "Vixen" and "Velocity" 6 fledged. Here's the link to my latest recording of "Vixen" and "Velocity":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3VHBVfRBWI

"Misty" went infertile in 2014, "Velocity" mated with her all spring and into late summer. 2015 "Velocity" mated with her until they were past their normal do date, and "Velocity" went out and brought in "Vixen", they have been a successful trio ever since, "Vixen" is seen here in the video.

I'm using a Sony HDR-AS15 with the wide angle lens removed, attached behind a 1,100mm F10.5 Masutov 1000A MTO. 5.6X crop factor in 170 wide mode, 6,160mm, at 120 wide mode I estimate it at about 8000mm.

That’s some nice video you have at that distance and a true gentleman letting other view through your scope.

Jim

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back