• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Aguas Calientas (1 Viewer)

Nickk

I will be at Aguas Calientas on Monday, April 9th and will have the afternoon to explore and hopefully find/see some birds. I am assuming that it is safe to walk around with camera and bins but wanted to ask for feedback from folks that have visited the area. Where is the best area to visit from 2pm-6pm? I will be staying at El Mapi by Inkaterra which does not seem to have any of the birding facilities of the other Inkaterra hotel in town. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

It's safe as far as I experienced and read in reports. It is very touristy but once you go either side of the railroad (I can recommend the far side of the village, thus furthest from Ollantaytambo, birding is great and relaxed with good views on the canopy. Another option is the walking trail towards macchu pichu. The entrance is at the first hairpin curve of the road towards the ruins. The road is too busy and annoying to bird. There are some Hummer feeders in town but you'll have to Google or ebird, I have ni experience with those.

It's safe as far as I experienced and read in reports. It is very touristy but once you go either side of the railroad (I can recommend the far side of the village, thus furthest from Ollantaytambo, birding is great and relaxed with good views on the canopy. Another option is the walking trail towards macchu pichu. The entrance is at the first hairpin curve of the road towards the ruins. The road is too busy and annoying to bird. There are some Hummer feeders in town but you'll have to Google or ebird, I have ni experience with those.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back