• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Photography gear Bargains :) (1 Viewer)

Amazon in the U.S. has the Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM for as low as $130. It's the international version, so no warranty in the U.S. The normal price is $300, so no warranty seems like a reasonable tradeoff to me.

I purchased one a couple months ago, and I have to say I'm impressed. It doesn't match my 400mm f5.6L, but it's also much more compact and zooms. I find it quick to focus, and it does a respectable job with AF tracking. It's plasticky, so maybe not as durable as would be nice...but that price is hard to ignore. I took it to an air show in June (bigger birds than this forum is dedicated to ;), and it did very well without being a pain to carry. Just choose an Amazon shipper to make returns easy, and make sure you get a good one. I've read the lens is somewhat prone to decentering issues, which my first copy suffered from. The second copy is awesome though.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EP71ETU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_5-FADbRF02CW9

With all this economic meltdown due to COVID-19 on top of the Industry already struggling with a huge multi-year downturn and structural (attempted?) readjustment, is anyone expecting some good gear bargains coming up - and what might they be ..... ? :cat:

Chosun :gh:

B&H has a 1-day deal for the boxed set of Reikan FoCal
Pro . It's even less than the software-only purchase directly from FoCal (which is what I own).

If you shoot long lenses and do AF fine tuning, this software is great for helping you find the right setting.

Marc

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back