• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon Spotting Scopes UK Birding Retailers (1 Viewer)

Taxboy

Just wondered why none of the recognised "birding" retailers e.g Cley Spy, In Focus etc don't appear to stock Nikon scopes ?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Hi,

good question - same over here. You mainly see Nikon stuff in photo stores...

In-focus has a used Monarch 82 with 20-60 EP atm though...

Joachim

I have heard one retailer say they don’t stock Nikon because they think that Nikon’s optics aftercare is not good and because dealing with Nikon is no easier as a retailer than it is as an optics customer wanting aftercare.
Another told me once that the difference between what a retailer pays Nikon and what they can charge the customer is so small it’s not worth the bother. So they don’t stock Nikon.

That’s what I’ve heard in conversation. Take with as much salt as you like ��

I have heard one retailer say they don

Sounds logical. I'd imagine photo retailers have to stock Nikon given the high customer demand. However birding optics are liittle more niche with alternatives already established in the market

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back