• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Teleconverter MC-20 (1 Viewer)

OhWeh

My experience with E-M1.2 + 4/300+MC-20: handheld exposure time should be (my hands) 1/750s or shorter, which is why I switch to aperture priority + ISO automatic here. The result is sometimes quite high ISO values but better than blurred. It is better to put the camera on the ground (e.g. use the spotting scope body on the tripod as bean bag) then I can easily use 1/250s. The aiming is a little bit tricky ;-) If there is a lot of air between camera and object of desire you will see this of course, so get as close as possible also with here. Plus: the combination has a little loss of IQ of course, but much better than without teleconverter and cropping.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back