• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Buzzard Behaviour (1 Viewer)

jjgst

Hope I have this in the right area of the forum.

I live in SW France and we have a lot of buzzards round here. The local farmers seem to leave their fields in stubble for quite a long time & at this time of year one often sees several buzzards in one or adjoining stubble fields just sitting on the ground at about 100 yard intervals, often in a strait line, doing nothing at all (not eating prey or anything). On occasion I have seen up to eight.

Can anyone tell me what they are up to?

This is not unusual behaviour with buzzards who are quite sociable birds of prey,ie they can form groups or family parties,especially at this time of year. They often alight on ploughed or stubble fields awaiting to take small creatures such as insects, worms or small mammals.

Si.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back