• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A65 after 5 months of ownership (1 Viewer)

Wildmoreway

It seems to attract dust bunnies but overall I'm very happy, the 25 MP was like a lens upgrade and the ability to crop means that often the 55 to 200 lens can obtain reasonable results from quite distant subjects. It seems to handle low light quite well too.

The video is very good and the GPS very useful and readily locks on to satellites often inside buildings:t:. I expect that the A77 is even more impressive.

The A77 is also a great camera, although I have not used the GPS feature. I especially like the EVF and the ability to see the picture you are taking without always needing to check the screen.

It makes me laugh to see people wielding great big DSLRs constantly moving from viewfinder to screen to see what they have taken, whereas we can see right away in the EVF.

Mind you, reading forums like Sony Rumours, you would think that EVFs are the spawn of the devil and probably cause cancer, whereas the OVFs on their (invariably Canikon) cameras produce pictures taken by angels. o:D

PS I do not want to start people off on the merits or otherwise of EVFs and OVFs, because it is boring. Use what suits you.

I like Sony's camera body ideas and absolutely love the innovations therein, but IMHO Sony needs to produce affordable yet excellent telephotos like Canon's trio (100-400, 300 f4 & 400 f5.6).

I agree about the lenses. There seems to be almost an excess of camera bodies and not enough good quality affordable lenses.

I did try the new 500mm f4 at the London wetlands bird fair, but a bit expensive at £10,000.

A 400mm f4 would be wonderful though.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back