• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Olympus Tracker 10x25 Vs Opticron Taiga 10x25 (1 Viewer)

Geoff,

Don't think you will get a rush of answers on that one. I suspect most find a 2.5mm exit pupil too small unless it has the advantage of being really compact (or very good). A couple of years ago I tried a bunch of more compact pairs, mostly 8x, that included the Olympus and one of the Opticrons, but I'm not sure if it was the Taiga. I thought the Olympus was very good, second only to the Bushnell 7x26 which is about 4x the price.

Geoff,

Don't think you will get a rush of answers on that one. I suspect most find a 2.5mm exit pupil too small unless it has the advantage of being really compact (or very good). A couple of years ago I tried a bunch of more compact pairs, mostly 8x, that included the Olympus and one of the Opticrons, but I'm not sure if it was the Taiga. I thought the Olympus was very good, second only to the Bushnell 7x26 which is about 4x the price.

Thanks for the reply. :t:

I've got the Tracker in 8x and it's got amazing optical quality. Maybe the best I've ever seen in a compact and nothing comes close at the price that I've seen and I've used a lot of compacts. Amazing.

Having said that I've never had a 10x compact that I liked even a little.

I've got the Tracker in 8x and it's got amazing optical quality. Maybe the best I've ever seen in a compact and nothing comes close at the price that I've seen and I've used a lot of compacts. Amazing.

Having said that I've never had a 10x compact that I liked even a little.

Thanks black crow :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back