• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Upstate New York USA (1 Viewer)

aliciasndrs

Hello, these are the birds that have been visiting my feeder multipul times per day. I believe that they are tree sparrows but since I am new to this could someone confirm it for me?

Attachments

• DSCN4420.JPG
    DSCN4420.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 106
Thanks for the link! I listened to the bird calls and it seems to be a chirping sparrow. At the bottom of that link it says "adult breeding" and "adult non-breeding" Is that indicating what they look like at different times of the year, when it is breeding season? If so I think I have been seeing a mixture of breeding and non which has made it difficult to identify them w/o knowing that there was a difference.

Yes, that's what the labels are showing. A lot of birds already have breeding colors now, but different species have different timing. It does make it tricky when a bird you know in one season looks rather different in the next! Feel free to post more pictures if you're not sure about some at the feeder now.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back