Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Zen Ray FB

Old Friday 6th April 2018, 03:19   #76
coopershawk

It'll be interesting to see if they ever come back. They sure have lost a lot of trust
Old Sunday 8th April 2018, 12:36   #77
black crow

Not likely. They'd get hate mail and a lot of general dressing down. lol

My guess is that a company that would close up shop in that fashion has not thought of ever venturing into the binocular business again under the Zen Ray logo. There's just too many other binoculars out there that have at least a modicum of customer service at this moment. I harbor no ill will towards any person there but I have no respect either. This is one of the effects of the way our type of capitalism functions. It's really all about the money and when a salesman is being nice friendly, helpful and courteous it has a very different meaning than if a friend acts this way. A lot of people and I mean me at times also get or have gotten fooled by not grokking this difference. Now I see poor customer service or even deceitful practices in this business as part of the maze one must navigate to get the binocular safely in one's hands. Nothing happened with Zen Ray that would not very likely happen in any business if the pressures were high enough on the owners. There are notable exceptions but they are becoming very rare in business today. They are the exception that proves the rule. Let the buyer beware.
Old Sunday 8th April 2018, 13:10   #78
perterra

Quote:
Originally Posted by black crow View Post
Not likely. They'd get hate mail and a lot of general dressing down. lol

My guess is that a company that would close up shop in that fashion has not thought of ever venturing into the binocular business again under the Zen Ray logo. There's just too many other binoculars out there that have at least a modicum of customer service at this moment. I harbor no ill will towards any person there but I have no respect either. This is one of the effects of the way our type of capitalism functions. It's really all about the money and when a salesman is being nice friendly, helpful and courteous it has a very different meaning than if a friend acts this way. A lot of people and I mean me at times also get or have gotten fooled by not grokking this difference. Now I see poor customer service or even deceitful practices in this business as part of the maze one must navigate to get the binocular safely in one's hands. Nothing happened with Zen Ray that would not very likely happen in any business if the pressures were high enough on the owners. There are notable exceptions but they are becoming very rare in business today. They are the exception that proves the rule. Let the buyer beware.
Thats a very broad brush your'e painting with. You are being myopic if you think everyone in the customer service business is only being nice to you because they want your money. There are many many customer service people who are genuinely nice people and take great pains to see that you are happy.
Old Sunday 8th April 2018, 13:36   #79
Troubador

Quote:
Originally Posted by perterra View Post
Thats a very broad brush your'e painting with. You are being myopic if you think everyone in the customer service business is only being nice to you because they want your money. There are many many customer service people who are genuinely nice people and take great pains to see that you are happy.
This is true and these kinds of salespeople are the ones that want you to come back and do business many times into the future not just on one occasion. But there is no doubt there are some folks who only care about this week's or this month's sales figures.

Lee
Old Sunday 8th April 2018, 17:11   #80
black crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by perterra View Post
Could be true but IMO the majority are not from my 65 years of experience in buying and being in sales the last 19 years of my career. For most it's just a job and they would rather be doing something else. And I can't blame them for that. Very few of us get to pick our jobs.

Last edited by black crow : Sunday 8th April 2018 at 17:20.
Old Sunday 8th April 2018, 18:08   #81
perterra

Quote:
Originally Posted by black crow View Post
Could be true but IMO the majority are not from my 65 years of experience in buying and being in sales the last 19 years of my career. For most it's just a job and they would rather be doing something else. And I can't blame them for that. Very few of us get to pick our jobs.
Well amigo, you and I have have different views on man kind.

Last edited by Troubador : Sunday 8th April 2018 at 19:44.
Old Sunday 8th April 2018, 21:00   #82
black crow

That's to be expected but for me it's not just a view. It's hard experience.
Old Monday 9th April 2018, 15:53   #83
black crow

So I got an example of what I'm referring to this morning with helping a friend buy some binoculars. To quote from another thread

Quote:
OK she actually bought the Zeiss this morning. So now we finally get to find about what all this fuss is about.

She got a great deal at $2110. I have to mention SportsOptics because I've had some issues with them myself. When she called them they told her she could only get the 10% and not the added %13 their promo code offers as that would mean they would lose money on these bins. I told her that was BS and that Zeiss was paying that 10% and to just do the order online. When she did that she got both discounts and the deal at $2110. I really have some reservations with either their training or their integrity. Maybe both.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: