• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leucistic Curlew - Druridge Pools (Northumberland) (1 Viewer)

_pauls

I had a brief trip to Druridge Pools after work this evening and seeing a group of birds in the distance I expected these to be Whimbrel, however although they were at the limits of my binoculars and my camera lens I think they actually curlew. One however stood out as being almost white.

I presume this is a leucistic curlew?

Attachments

• leucistic IMGP2377.jpg
    leucistic IMGP2377.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 281
A pathetic and cheap remark from someone who obviously wasn't there.

Only said in jest! Looking at the evidence I personally think it probably was a SBC, though "not proven" was probably the right decision. Anyway its been done to death countless times before, lets not do so again. :t:

Sam

Only said in jest! Looking at the evidence I personally think it probably was a SBC, though "not proven" was probably the right decision. Anyway its been done to death countless times before, lets not do so again. :t:

Sam

Sorry about that, I get a bit touchy about all the knockers who weren't there.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back