• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Giant Bullfrog on World's Largest Hand! (1 Viewer)

birdman

Орнитол&
When I first caught site of this little fella near Bishop's Dyke (New Forest), I thought it was a grasshopper!

Attachments

• 025_dr.jpg
    025_dr.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 1,007
D'you know... I took about 10 photos of this frog (I get a bit trigger happy sometimes!) and as I was deciding which to post, one of the criteria was "Which looks least like I'm forever chewing my nails!"

You got me... I'm a nail biter!

Oh my goodness, that is one tiny little frog. I guess that was a redundant statement :) I wonder how many of them survive w/o getting stepped on?

Hey birdman. I keep switching back and forth between the pictures of you and Charles. Yikes!! Let's have some more frog pictures!

Just kidding of course! Chippendales, the both of you. My picture would REALLY scare ya.

dennis

Well Charles....between you and me....I don't even own a digital camera yet. Just call me a caveman. When I buy one I'll entertain you with a image of my loveliness.

dennis

Got a scanner? I haven't sprung for a digital camera yet, either. Don't know what I want, still or video or CP4500 for a small fortune, or what...

Last edited:
Nope. No scanner either. I'm actually peddling a stationary bike to keep my screen lit.

dennis

Gee, Dennis, I do that, too!!

Birdman, that's a cool picture -- what an incredibly tiny piece of frog perfection! I know nothing about frogs, but think they are fascinating -- turtles, too!

Some people may disagree with me on this but that little frog is very cute!! :) I see all kinds of them around here and always move them to safer ground.

I know this may not seem that important 5 years later (!) . . . but it's a toad and not a frog.

(Guess that spoils the giant hand malarkey thing going on though . . . giant toad on world's largest hand - does it have the same ring to it?? ;))

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back