• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How do I get fish out of my pond (1 Viewer)

willowa said:
Hi Dampflippers
I have caught the goldfish, but like I said before the others are on the bottom and there are lots of plants I don't want to disturb. The new pond will be raised and not suitable for wildlife but they may decicde otherwise. Will post a photo for the area marked for the new pond.

Just be patient I reckon. You'll catch them eventually and there is no immediate need to move them.

Hi jeff :hi:

My hubby has suggested that... He is going nowhere near my liner with a hook.
The fish have never seen a maggot so they would be to shy to catch with a line. They are black so impossible to see.

This is the site for the new pond.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e24/elaine58l68853/wildlife1/Garden/DCP_0008.jpg

The wildlife pond has no filter or pump and has lots of underwater plants. The Frogspawn is developing they will be swimming around soon if the frost don't get them. I will just wait and hope some of the young newts have made it through to summer. The young newts should leave the pond in summer. The water will go back as soon as the fish are caught so will only be drained for about 30 minutes.

Thanks for all of your suggestions...I will keep you posted on how things go after the new pond is finished. :t: :t:

Best way to catch a fish in an area like that is to use a large net, depending on the size of the fish of course. Some species are actually cool with you picking them up with your bare hands too.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back