• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon 8x25 IS Binoculars. (1 Viewer)

[email protected]

Supporter
What is everbodies opinion on the Canon 8x25 IS binoculars. Are they a worthwhile compact binocular and do they compare to the bigger Canon IS's. I picked a pair up on E-bay for $130.00 so I was wondering what everybody thought of them.

Dennis

What is everbodies opinion on the Canon 8x25 IS binoculars. Are they a worthwhile compact binocular and do they compare to the bigger Canon IS's. I picked a pair up on E-bay for $130.00 so I was wondering what everybody thought of them.

Dennis

Dennis,

good value for the money I would say. The optics of that 8x25 are as good as their 10x30 but not on the level of e.g. Leica, Zeiss, Swaro or Nikon HG compacts. But, believe it or not, even at 8x power the IS has its own advantages. If you carry your scope on the shoulder there´s only one hand free. The Canon is perfect for one hand use even better than the Swarovski 32 ELs. Someone said that rechargeables are now available in the size the 8x25 needs. I can recommend them as a all-purpose compact binocular with the widest true field of Canon´s IS binoculars. Like the 10x30 and the 12x36 it´s not waterproof.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back