• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nocmigging and garden listing (1 Viewer)

dantheman

Bah humbug
I don't think this has been discussed on here much before.

Taken off in recent years (eg hitting the headlines with the multiple Ortolan Buntings sound recorded at Portland Bill Observatory?)

Anyway, just wondering whether people who dabble count birds for their garden list as they would do for any other sight or heard record, or if they go on a separate list.

Obviously it can open up a whole new world of things (nocturnal flying birds mostly) that can be added to a garden list that otherwise would never be recorded ...

Last edited:
Personally I would transmit any records obtained by the equipment to the relevant species recorders (LPO in my case out here), but I wouldn't add any to my personal Garden/Life/whatever list if I didn't hear them with my own ears.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back