• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rona ruined my vacation, have days to burn (1 Viewer)

Why would you assume that we all know what this means, perhaps you got the idea that this is a singularly American forum (it's not, by a very long way) but even they didn't know what it meant?

Its a pretty common term in my area and age group so I didn't even really think about it. The person you quoted is 1200 miles from me so there probably are different terms used in different areas of such a large country. It didn't take too long for people to figure it out so It doesn't seem to be too crazy of a term, but I do see the confusion now. Why would you assume I thought this was a "singularly American Forum?" I mean when I donated it was in pounds so I kind of figured it was UK based? Am I correct?

Last edited:
I think Americans took it seriously. The fact is.... You can hold an American back for just so long. We are busting out at this point. We live life without fear.

I have homes in AZ and WA and just seeing the difference between the lock downs, and what is going on now, has shown me that we could have done better.

please ignore my idiocy. I have never heard of Rona so I goggled it and it came up as a tropical storml/Hurricane.

Its not you. Seems to be slang up here that is throwing everyone for a loop. I learn new words on here every day so just think of it as some new slang for your repertoire.

Why would you assume that we all know what this means, perhaps you got the idea that this is a singularly American forum (it's not, by a very long way) but even they didn't know what it meant?
I have no idea what you are trying to say.

I didn't assume anything. I stated a fact that my agents name is Rona. The OP used the name in place of Corona. Gee, are there 2 meanings to the word.?? Get it.?? No.?? I didn't think so.

Why must I always explain.?? Wake up buddy.... Wait, maybe you need the rest.

And it's clear to see that this isn't an American forum. Why did you bring that into the conversation.?? Strange brew bro.

I have no idea what you are trying to say.

I didn't assume anything. I stated a fact that my agents name is Rona. The OP used the name in place of Corona. Gee, are there 2 meanings to the word.?? Get it.?? No.?? I didn't think so.

Why must I always explain.?? Wake up buddy.... Wait, maybe you need the rest.

And it's clear to see that this isn't an American forum. Why did you bring that into the conversation.?? Strange brew bro.

I think it was a shot at my original post? Is he the trouble maker on here? There is always one.

I too managed to bridge the cognitive chasm relatively quickly the first time I saw the term :)

Languages evolve quickly, slang even quicker. Keeps things fun IMHO.

There's always a few who are not the politest in their posts Chicken Nugget so please do not take offense. The majority of our members are great helpers here ;)

There's always a few who are not the politest in their posts Chicken Nugget so please do not take offense. The majority of our members are great helpers here ;)

Not a problem. I dont think it was as clear as I thought from the responses I got. Not the end of the world. Lots of countries and age groups in here so I wont hold it against you old people that are not up on the hipsters lingo. :)

If there is anything good about the situation, it's that we all now share a common bond of our birding plans being completely ruined for near term.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back