• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Seal ID (UK) (1 Viewer)

Pete007

I would appreciate help with the ID of the following Seals - ie Grey or Common ?
At the moment I have them labelled as -

1/ Grey
2/ Grey
3/ Common (head appears very rounded)
4/ Common .. as above
5/ Grey

Confirmation or otherwise would be appreciated - Thanks

Attachments

• Seal 1_M7A2438.jpg
    Seal 1_M7A2438.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 63
  • Seal 2_M7A3957.jpg
    Seal 2_M7A3957.jpg
    355 KB · Views: 68
  • Seal 3_M7A3219.jpg
    Seal 3_M7A3219.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 65
  • Seal 4_M7A3445.jpg
    Seal 4_M7A3445.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 62
  • Seal 5_M7A3366.jpg
    Seal 5_M7A3366.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 90
Agree with Paul and TWM except possibly for the individual facing left near the left side of photo 5. Its head, muzzle profile and eye position looks a bit more Grey than Common to me, but it might just be due to the angle at which it is lying. Maybe if it rolled upright and held its head level its profile would look more like Common.

Agree with Paul and TWM except possibly for the individual facing left near the left side of photo 5. Its head, muzzle profile and eye position looks a bit more Grey than Common to me, but it might just be due to the angle at which it is lying. Maybe if it rolled upright and held its head level its profile would look more like Common.
Looks Common to me :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back