Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Does EMR harm living organisms?

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.50 average.
Old Tuesday 16th April 2019, 18:41   #1576
elkcub
BF Supporter 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosun Juan View Post
Would someone please explain this ? I seem to have missed the bit where 'frequency' became 'pulsed' ...... and how this "pulsed" waveform now seems (as claimed) to have acquired greater powers of destruction .... ?

Chosun
Chosun,

Read section 1.3. "Combination of frequency bands in telecommunication microwave EMFs" in the Panagopoulos paper. The biological mechanisms involved are described throughout. In particular, read section 4.3.

For additional information, I guess you could contact the author at: Laboratory of Health Physics, Radiobiology & Cytogenetics, Institute of Nuclear & Radiological Sciences & Technology, Energy & Safety, National Center for Scientific Research "Demokritos", 60037 Ag. Paraskevi, Athens, Greece.

Ed

Last edited by elkcub : Tuesday 16th April 2019 at 19:20.

BF Supporter 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Thursday 18th April 2019, 13:19   #1577
Purple Heron

@ Chosun There are three papers: one by Panagopoulos, Carlo and Johansson demonstrating that pulsed microwave radiation is more biologically active than continuous wave/non-pulsed radiation, a second paper by Panagopoulos showing that the only way to test for actual effects of pulsed microwave radiation is to use the real thing (actual mobile phones) and not simulated pulsed radiation, and this final paper. I don't have time to give you the links now but they have all been on this forum; Ed posted the second.
Does this answer your question? If not, what is it that you don't understand?

@ fugl Where would you start? Perhaps with the realization that cell towers, Wi-Fi routers and mobile devices are all essentially the same thing, and all equally dangerous? With understanding that, by giving these things to children, we are killing our own progeny? With the realization that, by filling the environment with transmitters that broadcast pulsed microwave radiation, we are killing all of nature as well as ourselves? You tell me.
Old Thursday 18th April 2019, 14:08   #1578
fugl
BF Supporter 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Heron View Post
Where would you start? Perhaps with the realization that cell towers, Wi-Fi routers and mobile devices are all essentially the same thing, and all equally dangerous? With understanding that, by giving these things to children, we are killing our own progeny? With the realization that, by filling the environment with transmitters that broadcast pulsed microwave radiation, we are killing all of nature as well as ourselves? You tell me.
No, no, I, like everybody else here except the usual suspects, don’t believe any of this stuff, remember? You tell me/us. . ..

--Gerard Manley Hopkins

BF Supporter 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Monday 22nd April 2019, 15:27   #1579
Purple Heron

@ Chosun Having a bit more time today, I have attached the previous Panagopoulos paper which may help you make more sense of the recent paper.
Also you can find the paper (somewhere around January 2, 2018) which is called "Polarization: a key difference between natural and man-made electromagnetic fields). Unfortunately BF does not like my file of said paper so I can't upload it. Hope this helps you understand the recent paper; it is a progression based on Panagopoulos' research and these two earlier works.

@ fugl I believe too much EMR is causing you to suffer from cognitive dysfunction. Sadly, you are not alone. A recent study notes that WiFi may interact with signaling pathways in the brain, causing irreversible damage.

"The pulsed electromagnetic frequencies may be particularly damaging in young children due to the small size of their skulls and reduced skull thickness. This may increase brain exposure to pulsed electromagnetic frequencies.

Pulsed electromagnetic frequencies have also been shown to be particularly potent in embryonic stem cells. As these cells occur at a higher frequency in fetus and children, it further puts them at risk, leading to effects on brain development. This effect is particularly striking considering that WiFi placements are a common fixture around schools these days."

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...le-damage.aspx
Old Monday 22nd April 2019, 17:30   #1580
fugl
BF Supporter 2019

Quote:
. . [email protected] fugl I believe too much EMR is causing you to suffer from cognitive dysfunction. . .
Just me and not any of the other “heavy users” on the thread? And, come to that, what do you know of the extent of my/their usage anyway?

I note with sorrow, by the way, that this is the first time (well, not the first, maybe but one of the few) that you’ve levied an ad hominem attack against an individual contributor to the thread as opposed to that vast network of irredeemably corrupt scientists “out there” that comprises your usual target. [I, of course, engage in such attacks all the time as indeed I am now.]

I don’t know about “cognitive decline” but I can say that of the two of us, it’s not my personality that’s been unraveling of late. . ..

--Gerard Manley Hopkins

Last edited by fugl : Monday 22nd April 2019 at 23:21.

BF Supporter 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Tuesday 23rd April 2019, 13:15   #1581
Purple Heron

@ fugl I did say that "sadly, you are not alone". And if you think the scientists who say EMR is dangerous are corrupt, maybe you should watch this BBC Panaorama episode on Wi-Fi in schools. That's at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k5gnA-PeXc
Old Tuesday 23rd April 2019, 15:09   #1582
fugl
BF Supporter 2019

Quote:
. . .And if you think the scientists who say EMR is dangerous are corrupt. . ..
???

--Gerard Manley Hopkins

Old Tuesday 23rd April 2019, 20:10   #1583
elkcub
BF Supporter 2019

Quote:
@ Chosun Having a bit more time today, I have attached the previous Panagopoulos paper which may help you make more sense of the recent paper.
Also you can find the paper (somewhere around January 2, 2018) which is called "Polarization: a key difference between natural and man-made electromagnetic fields). Unfortunately BF does not like my file of said paper so I can't upload it. Hope this helps you understand the recent paper; it is a progression based on Panagopoulos' research and these two earlier works.

Diana,

I've attached the Panagopoulos et al 2015 Polarization paper.

Ed

BF Supporter 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Yesterday, 13:43   #1584
Purple Heron

@ Ed Many thanks. Don't know what's wrong with my file but it's good to have one that's pukka.

@ fugl If you watch the BBC program, you will see that there is indeed a debate on the safety of wireless technologies. While there is much that the program omits, there are some heavyweight scientists interviewed on both sides. Note that the ones who say EMR is safe have worked for industry, so there is at least the potential for conflict of interest there. And there are others who used to work for industry/the FCC and have come down on the side of "EMR is dangerous."

I am not saying, by the way, that anyone who claims EMR is harmless is corrupt, though this is obviously a possibility where conflicts of interest are concerned. There are many scientists who have researched the effects of EMR and concluded, based on their work, that EMR is harmless. However, many of their experiments involved continuous wave EMR, or used equipment that simulates pulsed EMR (that is, instead of using actual mobile phones or actual cell towers). The point of Panagopoulos' latest paper, and the reason it is so important, is that he is saying it is not possible to simulate real pulsed EMR used in mobile technology; therefore experiments that don't use the real thing don't demonstrate the same biological harm and their conclusions do not reflect real life.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: