• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

which is the best camera for digiscoping? (1 Viewer)

Clandestine Bird

Hi birders,

Can you help me with info about the best camera for digiscoping and some recomendations when the weather is cloudy or foggy or in sunny days?.

Many thanks and sorry for this short message.

Manuel

I assume you mean using a pocket camera with a fieldscope as a super-telephoto lens? If so, I think the Panasonic FX150 and Sony W300 are probably the best choices now. But new Canon S90 might be even better when it debuts next month.

Digiscoping is usually best on sunny days so camera shutter speeds are fast to freeze action. Cloudy days will make it difficult to get many sharp pics. Foggy days make it impossible.

Rick

Thanks

Hi,

I am trying to start in the digiscoping world, but at this time i just trying to get a casio camera (donation) and a Kowa telescope TSN-something...

Thanks

I assume you mean using a pocket camera with a fieldscope as a super-telephoto lens? If so, I think the Panasonic FX150 and Sony W300 are probably the best choices now. But new Canon S90 might be even better when it debuts next month.

Digiscoping is usually best on sunny days so camera shutter speeds are fast to freeze action. Cloudy days will make it difficult to get many sharp pics. Foggy days make it impossible.

Rick

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back