• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help Needed Urgently. (1 Viewer)

shezza

Hello All, when I hook my Canon XL2 up to my computer I get a message on the monitor, The program can't start because ODBC 32II is missing from your computer.
I cant understand this as every thing was ok up until today. What do I do to rectify the problem. My computer is brand new with windows 7.

Last edited:
What software are you using to transfer the footage? Has the problem developed only since using your new computer and Windows 7?

Mike

System restore may work, have you had any updates as these sometimes replace files or done anything else on your pc such as updating drivers?

So many things it could be and if all else fails try a clean reinstall of your OS

Help Urgently needed.

What software are you using to transfer the footage? Has the problem developed only since using your new computer and Windows 7?

Mike

The sofware must have been already on the computer.
It's an acer desk top with windows 7 and since I have had it (5 weeks and downloaded quite a few times)
from day one all I did was connect the Canon XL2 and a window came up with tick box's Rewind,Download,Save job done. But over night the same box appears on the screen,But another box on top with the Error message?

Last edited:
Help urgentley needed

Hi all, thanks for your input,Had a repair guy out and he had to take it back to factory restore.He did comment that the hard drive was a bit noisy (scratchy) Not quite sure if it should sound like this or not the PC is only a few months old?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back