• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Junin Rail - photographed (1 Viewer)

Hi there

just got an email form my mate Dave... he's managed to photogrpah Junin Rail. Had it down to point blank range apparently

think it is first photograph?

It's a big file so i will try to reduce it and post later on

Tim

Attachments

• dave'sjuninrail.jpg
    dave'sjuninrail.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 911
Last edited:
Tim Allwood said:
here's 'tis

endangered due to pollution from nearby mines and dessication from an electric works using water and drought

secretive bird, habitat preferences not really known

he's done well to get such a shot! Please respect copyright - this is a lo-res copy of the original. Infingement will result in a visit from the Norwich Mafia

Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for showing us the photo, I personally find this one of the most beutiful rails in the world, to see one live must be amazing, your friend must be really lucky to get such a excellent photo of that bird, I get a bit jelous 3:)

I dont think there is any other photos around, or is there? however if so I doubt that they are as good and clear as this one.

Tim Allwood said:
Hi there

just got an email form my mate Dave... he's managed to photogrpah Junin Rail. Had it down to point blank range apparently

think it is first photograph?

It's a big file so i will try to reduce it and post later on

Tim

Isn't it the first live sighting or am I out of date?

Certainly more exciting then the crappy grebe.

Intrigued to know if it is a Dave I know.

Steve

Thanks Tim, (and thank Dave). This is one that I figured I would not see photos of ever other than perhaps some skins shots. Pretty Rail!!

Yes, certainly a first photograph, otherwise Rasmus and I would have already found one.

My rare bird picture archive is building up nicely. Just keep them coming like these. I don't mind. Thanks Tim (and your mate) for giving us another worlds first.

Very nice capture. It'll be nice to think that in years to come 'Oh yeah, I was there when they first posted a picture of one...'
I'm getting round to thinking that rails are just camera tarts. I've never seen one without a camera being pointed in their direction...
Say well done to Dave.

Hi Tim

I was also there when the photo was taken because I took the photo, but i aint the Dave that u think took it.

That Dave emailed it round but it was actually my photo coz Dave and Simon left their cameras in the Car.

Anyway doesnt matter who took the photo coz it was so close any1 could have.

If u get the chance to c this great bird, go for it, it only took us half an hour of looking to get the bird at less than a meter away

Cheers

Guernsey Dave

Last edited:
guernsey_dave said:
Hi Tim

I was also there when the photo was taken because I took the photo, but i aint the Dave that u think took it.

That Dave emailed it round but it was actually my photo coz Dave and Simon left their cameras in the Car.

Anyway doesnt matter who took the photo coz it was so close any1 could have.

If u get the chance to c this great bird, go for it, it only took us half an hour of looking to get the bird at less than a meter away

Cheers

Guernsey Dave

Hey Dave

cheers for that

trust Dave 'Essex' to embellish the tale a bit...!!!

c u soon no doubt... you give me all the gory details in person...

atb
Tim

Wow, pretty bird. Congratulations to those who've seen this rare bird in the wild. And I still look for my first rail...

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back