• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Green Noctivid (1 Viewer)

maico

I think I prefer the black version in these for some reason...

Attachments

• leic40386$01-leica.jpg
    leic40386$01-leica.jpg
    336.8 KB · Views: 281
  • leic40386$02-leica.jpg
    leic40386$02-leica.jpg
    376.6 KB · Views: 266
  • leic40386$05-leica.jpg
    leic40386$05-leica.jpg
    545 KB · Views: 125
The OLIVE-GREEN Noctivids look gorgeous IN REALITY. Much more beautiful than it appears on the computer screen. Nicer than Swarovski green ;).

Last edited:
The OLIVE-GREEN Noctivids look gorgeous IN REALITY. Much more beautiful than it appears on the computer screen. Nicer than Swarovski green ;).

Like this?

IMG_8838-768x576.jpg

IMG_8831-768x576.jpg

Like this?

IMG_8838-768x576.jpg

IMG_8831-768x576.jpg

No, not really |8.|!

Poor photo quality: colour shift and overexposed, I would say.
Take a look at a green Noctivid in natura. They are beautiful.

Unfortunately, the green edition is a little more expensive than the black version. At least here in Germany.

Attachments

• NVD.png
    NVD.png
    124 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
Thank you! When I will go to buy the NV, my next binocular for shure, I will ask for the green one!!!!

Very nice and highly appropriate IMHO. Why would you want a pair in black if primary deployment is to be in the great outdoors? Swarovski understand this.

LGM

They will be hard to detect when lost in the woods. A cunning move by Leica. Why don't they produce them in blaze orange or red like the trinovid series a few years ago?

The balance of green to black in the green Nocs seems to be as far off as it was with the green Zeiss Victory FL's. In that case, too much black for the amount of green. Swarovski seems to get it right every time. Zeiss and Leica appear to cheap out and go with standard black parts that should be green. This, however, is all a matter of taste.

They will be hard to detect when lost in the woods. A cunning move by Leica. Why don't they produce them in blaze orange or red like the trinovid series a few years ago?

Those alarmingly eye-watering Trinnies of a few years back were only that colour because they were for dealers to loan to folks who wanted to try the model out. This scheme didn't last long and the hi-vis units were sold off.

Lee

The balance of green to black in the green Nocs seems to be as far off as it was with the green Zeiss Victory FL's. In that case, too much black for the amount of green. Swarovski seems to get it right every time. Zeiss and Leica appear to cheap out and go with standard black parts that should be green. This, however, is all a matter of taste.

See pics please

Renze

Attachments

• Leica Ultravid Safari 2016 (3).jpg
    Leica Ultravid Safari 2016 (3).jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 220
  • Leica Ultravid safari 2017 (4).jpg
    Leica Ultravid safari 2017 (4).jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 162
  • Leica Ultravid safari 2017 (5).jpg
    Leica Ultravid safari 2017 (5).jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 233
Thank you Renze. I completely forgot about the green Ultravids (both rubber and leather cloaked). They are beautiful. Notwithstanding, it's still my view that the Noctavids went a little too far on the dark side with the green version.... but that's just my taste. Mike

I partly (?) agree with you.

The green Noctivids look a little odd with these black objective covers on. The caps and especially the black mounting rings look very dominant on the green surface, but are almost invisible with the black NVD in comparison. However, WITHOUT protective covers, green-to-black balance and light-to-dark relation appear very harmonious and skilful.

Last edited:
Lightbender..... I see your point completely, but for me, it's still doesn't come close to the Kowa Genesis (or the Ultravids) for green-black balance.

Lightbender..... I see your point completely, but for me, it's still doesn't come close to the Kowa Genesis (or the Ultravids) for green-black balance.

Also - to my taste - the Ultravid 32s in those photos look great against the colour of their special carrying case.

I have the 1990s Trinovid compact 8x20 BCA in olive green and though they are a fiddly binocular without any of the ergonomic appeal of say an Ultravid 42 they look fine in that colour - and don't have too much black to dominate as even the eyecups are green. So they are in a way my most prized but also useless binoculars!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back