• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Any idea what kind of bird this is? (1 Viewer)

Can't really tell but one of our geniuses should come up with a name ;)

BTW, a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

Assuming you meant this was recorded in your neighborhood in Maryland, whatever it is, it’s not a native bird (if it’s a bird at all), I’ve never heard anything like it. Maybe some musical Christmas decoration?

@howiewu,

Thank you for your assessment. I am approaching this completely blindly... I don't know the origin of the recording, and I'm tasked with emulating it on a larger scale for an A/V project. I'm hoping to get a ballpark idea of what species it sounds like to anyone who may have an idea.

For all I know, it may indeed be synthetic, which may be how I'll have to approach it for my project. Still holding out hope that it's at least vaguely representative of an identifiable bird species, if not itself a real bird recording.

Thanks again for the response!

-Mark

@howiewu,

Thank you for your assessment. I am approaching this completely blindly... I don't know the origin of the recording, and I'm tasked with emulating it on a larger scale for an A/V project. I'm hoping to get a ballpark idea of what species it sounds like to anyone who may have an idea.

For all I know, it may indeed be synthetic, which may be how I'll have to approach it for my project. Still holding out hope that it's at least vaguely representative of an identifiable bird species, if not itself a real bird recording.

Thanks again for the response!

-Mark

Sorry I think I misunderstood what you said about “neighborhood” in your original message (I read too hastily). Regardless, I have no idea what it is, hopefully others can help you, although without location info, that may be difficult.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back